- Este evento ha pasado.
International Conference on Aerogels for Biomedical and Environmental Applications
febrero 18 - febrero 20
Aerogels are unique nanostructured porous materials with special properties adapted to fit certain advanced applications. Namely, the biomedical and environmental fields are two emerging market opportunities for these materials.
Aerogel-based materials can be used in biomedical applications such as drug carriers, synthetic bone grafts for regenerative medicine and advanced wound dressings. For environmental applications, heat and sound insulators, as well as absorbents, adsorbents, sensors and catalysts for wastewater treatment and for air and water pollutants detection are among the uses being explored for aerogels.
Advances of aerogels and other nanostructured materials on these fields need to assemble expertise from interdisciplinary and intersectorial domains. Technological developments in terms of novel designs, processes, modelling tools, characterization techniques and uses for aerogels should be aligned to boost the progresses on the topic.
This conference aims at assembling and integrating the most recent scientific-technological knowledge in aerogels and other nanostructured materials on a wide range of fundamental topics and applied for biomedical and environmental uses. It also aims at strengthening and creating new ties and collaborations in the aerogel community all over the world.
Networking among conference participants will be favored through specific working group meetings, coffee breaks, poster sessions, meals, sponsor booths and social events. Finally, early-career investigators (ECIs, i.e. PhD students and young postdoctoral scientists) will have specific sessions within the programme to give more visibility to their research.
Participants are invited to submit high quality research works on several topics of interest which include, but not restricted to, the following areas:
- Aerogels for biomedical (pharmaceutical, regenerative medicine, cosmetics) and food applications
- Aerogels for environmental (pollutant detection, remediation) applications
- Bio-based aerogels from biorefinery and circular economy approaches
- Characterization techniques and modelling of aerogels
- Innovative processing technologies for aerogel-based materials
- Life cycle and health risk assessments of nanostructured materials
- Other nanostructured materials (hydrogels, functional nanoparticles, dendrimers, zeolites, MOFs…) for biomedical and environmental applications
- Scale-up and industrial uses of aerogels